EthiFinance is a European rating, research and advisory group dedicated to sustainable finance. The group provides solutions to investors, companies and organisations to meet the challenges of financing environmental and social transformation.
Created in 2017, EthiFinance Groupe is the result of the merger between Spread Research and EthiFinance, respectively French financial and nonfinancial rating agencies, both founded in 2004. EthiFinance Groupe offers its services to a wide range of leading international clients under various brand names : EthiFinance Ratings (ESMA-accredited financial rating agency), EthiFinance Advisory (extra-financial consulting, risk modelling) and Spread Research by EthiFinance (high yield credit research).
Our 100+ employees, located in Paris, Lyon, Madrid and Granada, serve more than 300 clients across Europe, including companies (SMEs, midcap and large corporations) as well as investors (asset managers and institutional investors), banks and local authorities.
We are recruiting a new member of the group’s Business Development team, who will strengthen the sales team dedicated to subscription services. As a senior salesperson, you will be responsible for promoting subscription products such as the ESG database called Gaïa Research (to equity fund managers), subscriptions to our ESMA-compliant ratings database, or external credit reviews (to banks, insurance companies or private debt funds). Your assignment is to develop an ambitious sales prospection plan in line with the group's strategy and to grow our client base in the UK, on the credit and ESG fronts.
In this strategic role, as part of the EthiFinance sales team, you will work closely with the UK financial ecosystem (corporate finance, DCM, ECM, rating advisors, risk managers, lawyers, auditors, etc...).
- Actively participate in prospecting, negotiation and commercial follow-up of clients, prioritising asset managers and asset owners
- Actively participate in trade shows and conferences to enhance EthiFinance’s visibility in the UK market. This also requires an active presence in professional social networks.
- Use and be a driving force behind EthiFinance's communication and marketing tools
The specifics of the position and the level of responsibilities may be adapted according to the candidate's profile and experience.
- Masters or equivalent level with, ideally, specialisation in Finance and/or ESG
- At least 5-10 years of successful commercial experience in selling financial and/or extra financial information services, and/or the sale of financial or extra-financial rating agency services, with exposure to SRI/ESG issues.
- A very good knowledge of the asset management sector (equity/fixed income) and UK banks.
- Fluency in English and French.
Skillset and values
- Autonomy, adaptability and the ability to:
- Develop a commercial approach (prospection, proposals, sales process)
- Contribute to commercial innovation (network of relevant target contacts, proposed services)
- Provide the rest of the sales team with accurate and articulate feedback on the UK client experience for continuous service improvement
- Adhere to EthiFinance's values: Audacity, Commitment and Exchange
- Energy and willingness to develop EthiFinance in the UK
- Strong team spirit
- Full time contract
- Start as soon as possible
- Position based in London
- European passport or unlimited travel ability
- Attractive compensation in line with your professional experience and potential
- Standard UK Benefits
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com