Presentation of EthiFinance
EthiFinance is a European rating, research and advisory group dedicated to sustainable finance and development. The Group provides solutions to investors, companies and organisations to meet the challenges of financing and environmental and societal transformations.
Created in 2017, EthiFinance Groupe is the result of the merger between Spread Research and EthiFinance SAS, respectively French financial and extra-financial rating agencies, each founded in 2004. EthiFinance Groupe offers its services to a portfolio of leading international clients under the brand names EthiFinance Ratings (ESMA-accredited financial rating agency), EthiFinance Advisory (extra-financial consulting, risk modelling) and Spread Research by EthiFinance (high yield credit research).
Our hundred or so employees, spread between Lyon, Paris, Madrid and Granada, serve more than 300 clients throughout Europe, including companies (SMEs, ETIs and large corporations), as well as investors (management companies and institutional investors), banks and local authorities.
Description of the offer
- The team Spread Research by EthiFinance is expanding alongside the ongoing expansion of the Euro High Yield market.
- We are looking for a junior Corporate Bond credit analyst, based in Lyon or Paris, France.
- The role will imply travels and roadshows in Paris, London, Frankfurt, Milano, Geneva, Zürich, including interaction with our ESG teams in Paris.
Main responsibilities will be :
- To publish in-depth & timely credit research Reports on European High Yield and Cross-over companies, including forecasts (financial modelling) and reactive credit updates within several industrial sectors. The focus will be largely on European HY issuers.
- To publish relevant newsflow comments, quarterly results comments, sector comments, trade ideas (cash market) and in-depth New Issue comments in timely constraints dictated by the primary market.
- To participate in the publication of team-based reports including the European Credit Stat HY Corporate Report, Monthly Valuation, the European Corporate HY Prospects, as well as regularly updated Marketing supports used for client & prospects meetings.
- To integrate / publish special comments on ESG analysis.
- To spot capital structure relative value & outright trade ideas on both primary &
- To communicate/meet with corporate bond issuers’ managements as well as asset managers and institutional clients across investor calls and seminars.
- To develop positive work relationships with team members and be involved in service improvements. This notably includes potential help related to Covenant analysis, ESG and sector input to support the publication of a new Issue comment in due-time by another analyst.
- Successful internship experience of at least 6 months or up to 1-2 years of experience as a credit analyst for low rated non-financial corporates within a sell-side or buy-side investment institution with the following background: High Yield Corporate Bonds & CDS, Convertible Bonds, Leverage Loans.
- A Masters’ degree in Finance, ideally with CFA or equivalent.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills in English. French or German would be a plus. European passport is needed.
- Permanent contract
- Start up as soon as possible
- Paris 8e (near Saint Lazare train station) or Lyon (near Part-Dieu train Station)
- Remuneration package will be attractive, in line with your professional skills.
If you wish to apply, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com