Created in 2004, EthiFinance ESG Ratings (formerly Gaïa Research) is the ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) rating agency of the EthiFinance group, dedicated to small and medium-sized companies listed on European markets. EthiFinance ESG Ratings offers two ESG evaluation report formats to the issuers it covers:
- A standard report, accessible free of charge
- A premium report
EthiFinance ESG Ratings also offers the possibility of joining its standard coverage to listed companies that are not yet part of it. In addition to access to the premium report, this service allows companies that wish to benefit from it to have their EthiFinance ESG Ratings rating communicated to EthiFinance ESG Ratings investor clients. These investor clients are mainly European asset managers of small and mid-cap equity funds.
|Report content||Premium report||Stantard report|
|Overall ESG rating|
|Scores by pillar (Environment, Social, Governance, External Stakeholders) and sub-pillar|
|A comparison with a sector benchmark, national benchmark or by revenue category for each of these pillars|
|Top 5 companies in the sub-sector|
|Graph showing the distribution of ESG-ES scores*|
|Review of controversial activities|
|Key Indicators by ESG-ES Pillar|
|Modelled carbon footprint and intensity (Scope 1 & 2)|
|Raw data with analysts' comments|
* This information is broken down by sector, by revenue category and by country.
EthiFinance ESG Ratings assesses the companies in its coverage according to a rating framework of approximately 120 criteria, divided into four pillars:
- Corporate Governance
- External Stakeholders
EthiFinance ESG Ratings premium report allows companies that wish to go further in their ESG analysis to benefit from a comprehensive report, designed as an internal CSR management tool.
The premium report provides, in addition to the elements mentioned in the standard report, all the scores by pillar (Environment, Social, Governance, External Stakeholders) and sub-pillar, as well as a comparison with a benchmark on each of these pillars.
The following information, broken down by sector, by revenue category and by country:
- A graph showing the distribution of ESG scores
- The issuer's ranking according to various benchmarks
- Detailed benchmarks on key indicators
- A top 5 of comparable companies is also available: this information allows issuers to draw inspiration from the ESG practices of their peers
- EthiFinance ESG Ratings Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emmanuel de la Ville: email@example.com